Tree Removal Beware!
Consider these tree removal tips to ensure safety at all-times.lt is a hazardous undertaking that should be left to professionals. However if the tree you would like to remove is relatively short and small, it may be possible to tackle the task yourself of hire professional Sheffield tree surgeons. At the very minimal you will need to assemble equipment such as protective gear, first aid kits, chainsaw, ladder, rope, ax and wedges.
The best assessment of whether or not the tree removal job can be handled by amateurs is determining how dangerous the removal of the tree would be For trees that have grown too close to power lines, houses and other structures, you should get a professional to help out If you decide to remove the tree yourself, keep the following tips in mind:
- Wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from flying chips and debris.
- Wear a hard hat to protect your head from falling branches.
- Wear clothes with a snug fit.
- Don’t forget your earplugs for the noise.
- Beware of potential damage to sidewalks, driveways and lawns from heavy tree trunks dropping. For tree removal you should; never cut trees from a ladder because it’s easy for the ladder to kick out and cause a serious fall, never allow spectators in the area because trees don’t always fall where you plan and finally, never wear spikes for climbing trees unless the tree is being removed because spikes damage tree bark.
lf you have determined that the tree removal job does not pose a risk to your safety, proceed with caution. Make sure you have adequate tools for the job and use them in a safe manner. Begin by trimming as many small branches as you can.
Once you have completed this, out the larger branches until you have a tree stub, no taller than one foot above the ground. Carefully out around the stump, exposing the roots. Cut the smaller roots, leaving only the stump of the tree in the middle and the tap root.
Continue digging around the stump until the stump and the surrounding packed dirt begin to move. Carefully remove the stump and begin filling the hole. Tree removal should be a last resort because not only do well-cared-for trees add value and beauty to your property but also support local ecology. Tree specialists can often diagnose and treat many problems that would otherwise require cutting down the tree.